Eating Out: Japanese Steakhouse

  Last night my fiancé and I went to a local Japanese steakhouse for dinner. This happened on a whim because our favorite Mexican spot was closed! After we finishes sobbing, we drove down the road and found this little gem. It has both private booths and hibachi style dining, so it can be a bit loud. No big deal, because the food was amazing! I do, however, have a little bit of a rant to go on; not about the establishment itself, of course.
  We walked in to the front door to the hostess stand, no wait. sweet! As I'm standing at the hostess stand a young girl sort of weaved her way between the wall and me to steal mints off the counter. I smile and say something like "oops! let me get out of your way, honey!" and as I move, another child is right on my heels, nearly tripping me. I smile at him too and apologize, he grabs candy and they both run away. We are seated at a booth and across from us is an abnormally loud hibachi table which is coincidentally the table of the children I had just encountered as well. The adults are basically yelling, and the kids are running all over the restaurant. Oy.
  We decide what to order, and almost as soon as the server leaves these two children are now playing in an empty booth behind me. By playing, I mean yelling over the top of it in to our booht, kicking the booth I'm sitting in, so on. Kids will be kids, we just carry on, though I have to admit I'm silently judging their parents a little bit - lol.
  We get our soup and salad and the hibachi table across from us begins to mobilize, all of them milling in the walkway now, right next to our table. There is one woman in particular who is being just obnoxiously loud, running around, playing with the kids; she said loudly several times it is her 30th birthday and she had 4 saki bombs. Of course my fiance and I are like - yeah, that seems right. I wasn't overly annoyed by any of it until she climbed in the booth behind us with the kids, yelling and screaming "YOU GUYS! GIVE ME A HUG IM LEAVING!!!!!IM LEAVING!!!WEEEEEEEE!". Now I'm just pissed, and me being me I loudly say "Is she serious right now?" but of course, she can't hear me over herself. No one can. A bomb could have gone off and no one in that restaurant in her vicinity would have known.
  She finally moves out of the booth and they continue to mill in the walkway. She is, predictably, in the way of our server as he brings our soup and salad. He gets around her but she completely ignores him. We start eating our soup and salad, by now I have an adult beverage and am caring a bit less about what is going on around us. I was actually becoming adept at tuning her out; she's still messing with the kids, she squats half way down and makes a funny face at one of them while screeching.....and then it happens. She loses her balance and falls on her ass on the floor. My inner monologue is doing that Tom Hanks laugh from Money Pit when the tub falls through the floor, but outer me isn't a complete asshole so I glance over briefly to assess the damage. Not a serious fall, she's sitting on her behind instructing people how to help her up, and I nonchalantly go back to my salad not saying a thing.
  You guys, I had immediate thoughts of standing up and making a big deal.."OH MY GOD that looks horrible, are you ok? Do you need to sit down? Do you want me to call you an ambulance?!" just to embarrass her, but I now know I am officially an adult because I didn't do that lol. Proud moment! She fell in front of all her friends and family anyway; she can stew in her self-inflicted embarrassment. Karma is just, my friends! They departed briefly afterwards.
  This post may appear a little mean spirited, but it's really meant all in jest! I'm not a complete monster, I swear it! That being said, if you liked this post and want to see more, please consider a small purchase of one of the items listed below. Lipstick and liquor gets a small commission which helps keep the blog afloat. Thanks for reading, until next time!

THE UMBRELLA IS $23.99 AFTER YOU ENTER CODE T37EMFQ4!!!!




“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

Comments

Popular Posts